Apr. 20th, 2009

joreth: (Misty in Box)

I'm trying to come up with a word that means "a device in fantasy-based literature that is used to store/view/access magical visions, images, tell the future, see things happening elsewhere, etc."

This can be a type of device (like magic mirror) or a proper noun of a specific device used in a specific book or series (please reference the source, in case I haven't read it).

Any suggestions?

Basically, I'm trying to come up with a name for my new external hard drive that will hold all my movie files and my other external drive that will hold all my pictures.  I've used the same theme in naming since the late '90s, which you can see on my website.  It's a more-or-less medieval/fantasy theme involving magic and multiple dimensions. 

For example:  Minstrel is the name of my iPod because it plays my music, Harper Hall is the name of the external drive that stores all my audio files, The Vault is the name of my external drive that holds all my miscellaneous stuff, but I'm looking for names of things that hold images and videos.  My computer is named the Inn Between, as is the website, and I've given my wireless modem the name of Io Transfer Station, although that's sci-fi and not fantasy and I'd prefer not to stray into sci-fi much more for my naming system.  I've temporarily named my photo external drive Visions, but that's the name of the link on my website that takes you to the pictures and I'm hoping to give the storage device the name of another storage or playing device, but in the fantasy genre, plus I need a second one for the video drive.


September 2017

3456 7 8 9
1011 12 13141516